Community Bank of the Chesapeake is made of up passionate people who work hard to exceed expectations. We seek career-minded people who can contribute to our culture of excellence. If you’re interested in an opening listed below, we invite you to apply.
Undergraduate Summer Program
Community Bank of the Chesapeake’s summer internship program enables undergraduate students to explore career opportunities in various areas of our business to determine which ones may best fit their talents and interests. Summer interns at Community Bank will receive on the job training, coaching and feedback from experienced professionals while working alongside them to complete tasks and projects throughout the summer. The program also provides excellent opportunities for participants to develop or expand their professional networks.
Opportunities may be available in the following business areas: operations, accounting/finance, lending, credit, human resources, marketing, information technology, commercial banking and sales.
Successful candidates must be enrolled in a business related bachelor’s degree program and possess the following
- Academic strength demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Adaptability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
Successful candidates will be assigned to work in one or more business areas during the summer program. Summer opportunities in these areas are determined by business need. Position location is tied to the business area.
Evaluates and underwrites all commercial loans to ensure that the loan meets credit, debt service/ratios and collateral guidelines of the Bank. Location: Credit Department - Home Office Annex
- Strong time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to review, analyze and spread complex commercial credits including builders and developers
- Ability to multi-task
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field and at least 3 years experience as a commercial underwriter, or a comparable level of experience and education
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude and approach at all times when dealing with customers, both internal and external
- Professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
- Qualified candidates must possess at least two years banking experience and knowledge
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact, and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Responsible for developing and maintaining investment account relationships. Establishes new customer relationships and works to build existing customer relationships and services those accounts. Works to develop referral sources within the Bank as well as through external sources. Provides advice to customers on investments, informing them of current market trends and investment strategies. Maintains a profitable level of sales to achieve annual objectives. Stays informed of market trends, new product offerings and compliance and regulatory issues.
- Qualified candidates must have three years successful experience selling investment and securities products and services, preferably in the financial services industry
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of investment products is necessary
- A bachelors degree or a comparable level of experience and education is required
- Candidates must possess active FINRA Series 6, 63 and 7 securities licenses as well as Life & Health licenses
- Individuals must have an excellent customer service attitude as well as strong sales and cross sales skills
- Must have the ability to assess customer needs, recommend appropriate products and compel customers to act upon those recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as the flexibility to travel to various customer or branch locations are required
- Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Energetic and self-motivated candidates who are able to function with limited supervision are desired
- Existing contacts in Anne Arundel market area are necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at [email protected] or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.