Experience what exceeding expectations is all about!
Community Bank of the Chesapeake is made of up passionate people who work hard to exceed expectations. We seek career-minded people who can contribute to our culture of excellence. If you’re interested in an opening listed below, we invite you to apply.
Our Benefits Package
Responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of general ledger activities including preparation of accounting entries specific to correspondent bank accounts, prepaid expenses, monthly accruals, holding company transactions, and oversight over specific general ledger accounts. Responsibilities also include preparation of bank reconciliations and analytics for key management projects.
Applicant must have a minimum of two years experience in private or public accounting and a bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting or finance. CPA or CPA candidate preferred. Knowledge of the financial service and banking industry processes and procedures is strongly preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel, and be familiar with other accounting software. Applicant must exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal correspondence. Must be comfortable in building rapport with fellow team members, customers, senior management and vendors. Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Apply for the Accountant I Position
Branch Operations Manager
Directs the growth and profitability of the branch in both commercial and consumer development. Consistently applies sales management practices and routines to ensure effective execution of the quarterly branch plan (i.e. sales meeting, coaching, recognition, etc.). Leads by example to enhance the branch, ensuring the highest quality of customer service. Supervises the branch operations and oversees staff. Provides excellent service to all visitors to the branch, acknowledging customer needs and suggesting bank services as appropriate. Consistently communicates with the Branch Sales Manager regarding procedural and product improvement recommendations, staffing issues, and escalating customer concerns.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of previous banking experience in a managerial position with an emphasis on branch operations. Comparable work-related experience may be acceptable, depending upon experience
- Excellent human resource skills in dealing with employees
- Ability to perform all customer services and understand teller functions
- Exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Adhere to a professional dress code
- Proven leadership, time management and organizational skills as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines as determined by the Branch Sales Manager
This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice.
Apply for the Branch Operations Manager Position
Commercial Services Representative
Performs daily functions necessary to accelerate growth and provide quality service regarding all commercial/treasury products and services. Responsible for the acquisition and servicing of merchant processing, credit card, ACH origination, remote deposit, positive pay, payroll and other payment focused relationships. Comprehensive knowledge is necessary of applicable policies, procedures, and processes to implement client requests. Works with management in the implementation of commercial services products and insures their proper delivery to commercial customers. Processes and validates all commercial services product setups. The position requires accountability for the timeliness and accuracy of entire process from receipt of request to completion. Communicates with various levels of internal personnel to coordinate and resolve implementation and ongoing service issues. Exercises judgment within guidelines.
Apply for the Commercial Services Representative Position
- Must possess or be working toward a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field or possess a comparable level of education and experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications as well as core banking software providers and other banking applications and payment systems.
- Candidate is expected to be energetic and able to work independently and partner with others to drive sales.
- Possess demonstrated success in handling complex customer inquiries, along with a knowledge and understanding of treasury/cash management products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the flexibility to travel to various customer or branch locations are necessary.
- Individual must be extremely organized and possess the ability to effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize.
- The position requires a self-motivated and goal oriented person to grow the commercial services portfolio and be able to function with limited supervision
Consumer & Residential Underwriter/Closer
Performs closing functions and prepares documents for consumer loans. Performs funding function and set up of residential mortgage purchase files. Interacts with residential loan officers or branch representatives to coordinate closing documentation. Evaluates and underwrites all residential and consumer loans to ensure that the loan meets credit, debt service ratios and collateral guidelines of the Bank. Performs all tasks in accordance with Bank policies and guidelines as well as state and federal laws and regulations. Follows up with loan officers or branch representatives to gather missing information or documents when necessary.
Candidate must be a self-starter with strong time management, analytical and organizational skills. Requires good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Word and Excel. Qualified candidates must also possess the following:
- A degree in finance, accounting or a related field or a comparable level of experience and education
- Knowledge of residential and consumer lending processes, regulations and documentation
- Ability to review and analyze residential and consumer credits, including personal and business tax returns and financials, to make sound loan decision recommendations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude and approach at all times when dealing with customers, both internal and external
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
Candidates with a proficiency in Precision and Easy Lender IDM Software are preferred
Apply for the Consumer & Residential Underwriter/Closer Position
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Loan Support Specialist I
Provides administrative support to commercial loan officers in various aspects of the loan process with a concentration on the loan settlement process. Serves as a point of contact for loan customers by providing a high level of service in response to questions, requests or concerns as it relates to commercial loans during the settlement process.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
Apply for the Loan Support Specialist I Position
- High school education or its equivalent is required
- Strong time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Good computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be a self-starter and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive approach and attitude at all times when dealing with customers, both internal and external
- Exercise professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Candidates with knowledge of the loan process, lending regulations and loan documentation are preferred
- Some knowledge of the loan process, lending regulations and loan documentation is required. This would include basic settlement and documentation knowledge of both real estate focused loans and non-real estate loans/commercial & industrial, loan types
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.