Experience what exceeding expectations is all about!
Community Bank of the Chesapeake is made of up passionate people who work hard to exceed expectations. We seek career-minded people who can contribute to our culture of excellence. If you’re interested in an opening listed below, we invite you to apply.
Our Benefits Package
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
The Facilities Manager is responsible for and supervises the maintenance, care and efficient operation of all equipment and facilities used by the organization. Oversees the daily workflow, scheduling and assignments of the equipment and facilities department.
Qualified candidate must possess the following:
Apply for the Facilities Manager Position
- Experience managing the company's type of facilities and equipment or related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain records and communicate
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently
- Exhibit organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in duties and work schedule as needed
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn the equipment and facilities to be maintained
- Ability to oversee projects as needed
- Ability to maintain basic records and warranties
- Ability to understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites
Internal Financial Reporting Specialist
Responsibilities include supporting the Bank's internal control over financial reporting by assisting with the development of financial reports utilizing internal software, assisting with internal reporting requirements and managing departmental, and company report requests. Reports directly to the Senior Reporting Accountant.
Qualified candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting finance or information systems
- At least one year of relative work experience
- Experience with database queries and report writing. Experience with new system implementations preferred
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting ("ICFR")
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Access
- Effective communication with demonstrated ability to produce deliverables accurately and on time
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience, communicate effectively in both written and verbal correspondence, work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Preference will be given to candidates with, SEC financial reporting experience and/or knowledge of financial institution regulations.
Apply for the Internal Financial Reporting Specialist Position
Undergraduate Summer Program
Community Bank of the Chesapeake's summer internship program enables undergraduate students to explore career opportunities in various areas of business to determine which ones may best fit their talents and interests. Summer interns at Community Bank will receive on the job training, coaching and feedback from experienced professionals while working alongside them to complete tasks and projects throughout the summer. The program also provides excellent opportunities for participants to develop or expand their professional networks.
Opportunities may be available in the following business areas: operations, accounting/finance, lending, credit, human resources, marketing, information technology, commercial banking and sales.
Successful candidates must be enrolled in a business related bachelor's degree program and possess the following:
Interested candidates should complete and online application and submit their resume with professional references by February 29, 2020.
- Academic strength demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 3.0. or higher
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Adaptability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
Resumes and applications will be revised and top candidates will be selected for interviews. The application and selection process is expected to be completed by the end of March and the summer program will begin in May 2020.
Successful candidates will be assigned to work in one or more business areas during the summer program. Summer opportunities in these areas are determined by business need. Position location is tied to the business area.
Apply for the Undergraduate Summer Program Position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.
You are now leaving the Community Bank of the Chesapeake website. By clicking the 'I Understand' button below, you will enter a different website created, operated and maintained by a private business or organization. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the content, views, or privacy policies of this website. We take no responsibility for any products or services offered by this website, nor do we endorse or sponsor the information it contains. In addition, websites may change location, ownership and address frequently. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the accessibility of this link. Would you like to continue?