Identifies, acquires and grows new relationships with business customers within a defined market. Creates and develops a list of prospective clients through multiple sources including external referral sources, internal referrals from bank partners as well as self-acquired leads. Responsible for executing outbound calling efforts to gain and expand deposit relationships for the Bank. Executes daily prospecting and attends events both during and after business hours relating to business development. Participates in community events to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Partners with other line of business specialists to cross sell appropriate business products and services. Works with Chief Operating Officer to develop sales strategy and leads marketing efforts in a defined territory. Consistently communicates with the Manager regarding product improvement recommendations, escalating customer concerns and business development issues. Responsible for reporting sales activity and outbound efforts to Chief Operating Officer.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A background in financial sales and business development for at least three to five years
- Bachelor's degree or a comparable level of experience and education is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with very high expectations for quality of work
- Strong project management aptitude and a proven record of applying a strong work ethic to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate and provide meaningful reports to all levels
- Ability to develop and execute presentations for relationship acquisitions
- High level of professionalism and well developed analytical skills
Apply for the Business Banker Position >
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position >
Undergraduate Summer Program
Community Bank of the Chesapeake's Summer Internship Program enables undergraduate students to explore career opportunities in various areas of our business to determine which ones may best fit their talents and interests. Summer interns at Community Bank will receive on the job training, coaching and feedback from experienced professionals while working alongside them to complete tasks and projects throughout the Summer. The program also provides excellent opportunities for participants to develop or expand their professional networks.
Opportunities may be available in the following business ares: operations, accounting/finances, lending, credit, human resources, marketing, information technology, commercial banking and sales. Successful candidates must be enrolled in a business related bachelor's degree program and possess the following:
Interested candidates should complete an online application and submit their resume with professional references by February 15, 2019.
- Academic strength demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Adaptability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
Resumes and applications will be reviewed and top candidates will be selected for interviews. The application and selection process is expected to be completed by the end of January and the Summer Program will begin in May 2019.
Successful candidates will be assigned to work in one or more business areas during the Summer Program. Summer opportunities in these areas are determined by business needs. Position location is tied to the business area.
Apply for the Undergraduate Summer Program Position >
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.