Experience what exceeding expectations is all about!
Community Bank of the Chesapeake is made of up passionate people who work hard to exceed expectations. We seek career-minded people who can contribute to our culture of excellence. If you’re interested in an opening listed below, we invite you to apply.
Our Benefits Package
Responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of general ledger activities including preparation of accounting entries specific to correspondent bank accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, monthly accruals, holding company transactions and oversight over specific general ledger accounts. Responsibilities also include preparation of bank and general ledger reconciliations and analytics.
Apply for the Accountant I Position
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting or finances and minimum of one year experience in private or public accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and be familiar with accounting software
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience, communicate effectively in both written and verbal correspondence, work independently with minimal supervision and research complex accounting issues and produce deliverables accurately and on time
- High level of motivation
Commercial Services Representative
Performs daily functions necessary to accelerate growth and provide quality service regarding all commercial services products and services. Comprehensive knowledge is necessary of applicable policies, procedures, and processes to implement client requests. Works with management in the implementation of commercial services products and insures their proper delivery to commercial customers. Processes and validates all commercial services product setups. The position requires accountability for the timeliness and accuracy of entire process from receipt of request to completion. Communicates with various levels of internal personnel to coordinate and resolve implementation issues. Exercises judgment within guidelines.
Apply for the Commercial Services Representative Position
- Possess or be working toward degree in business, finances or related field or possess a comparable level of education and experience.
- Be engeretic and able to work independently and partner with others to drive sales.
- Possess demonstrated success in handling complex customer inquiries, along with a knowledge and understanding of the Bank's commercial services and digital banking products.
- Exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills and the flexibility to travel to various customer or branch locations are necessary.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications as well as various external vendor software solutions (FiServ/APS) and other banking/financial specific software applications and hardware.
- Be extremely organized and possess the ability to effectively manage time, multi-task and prioritize.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented in order to grow the commercial services portfolio and be able to function with limited supervision.
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
The role as a Client Associate is to enhance the client experience by servicing clients and providing operational and administrative support to Financial Advisors. Provides support to the VP, CWA Sales & Marketing Manager and Financial Advisors by performing administrative duties such as processing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, funding accounts, transferring securities, creating and maintaining client files, obtaining required documentation, preparing and analyzing portfolios and answering administrative and operational inquiries. Support and drive firm initiatives and maintain risk awareness and regulatory knowledge. Market products and services and represent Community Wealth Advisors and your Financial Advisor's business. Knowledge of firm policy, procedures and technology to interface with clients and prospective clients, anticipate their needs, resolve their problems, and follow through to provide exceptional service.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
Apply for the CWA Associate Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or finance related field and a working knowledge and understanding of investment products or a comparable level of experience and education preferred
- Self-motivation and strong organization skills
- Three to five years client service experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, good judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Detail and service oriented
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and other technologies
- Interest in obtaining Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses, preferred
Human Resources Generalist
Administers the Bank’s benefit programs. Assists in talent acquisition and recruitment process. Assists in the coordination of the employee performance review program. Assists in developing and maintaining job descriptions and employee handbook policies. Maintains information, documents and other content in HRIS. Completes various reporting requirements. Assists in planning and execution of employee events. Ensures compliance with employment and HR laws and regulations in connection with assigned tasks.
Apply for the Human Resources Generalist Position
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and four to five years of related experience or a comparable level of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience with state (Maryland and Virginia) and federal employment laws and human resources policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Bank’s HRIS
- Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail in composing and proofing documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information as well as poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to react to change productively, multitask and establish priorities to meet deadlines and complete other essential tasks as assigned
- Candidates with HRIS administration experience are preferred.
Performs post-closing functions for residential, consumer and commercial loans to insure accuracy and completeness of all required documents. Provides a high level of service in response to customer questions, requests or concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be a self-starter with strong time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word and Excel
- Be detail oriented and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude and approach at all times when dealing with customers, both internal and external
- Exercise professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
Candidates with knowledge of the loan process, lending regulations and loan documentation are preferred.
Apply for the Post Closer Position
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at email@example.com or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.
You are now leaving the Community Bank of the Chesapeake website. By clicking the 'I Understand' button below, you will enter a different website created, operated and maintained by a private business or organization. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the content, views, or privacy policies of this website. We take no responsibility for any products or services offered by this website, nor do we endorse or sponsor the information it contains. In addition, websites may change location, ownership and address frequently. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the accessibility of this link. Would you like to continue?