Experience what exceeding expectations is all about!
Community Bank of the Chesapeake is made of up passionate people who work hard to exceed expectations. We seek career-minded people who can contribute to our culture of excellence. If you’re interested in an opening listed below, we invite you to apply.
Our Benefits Package
Responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of general ledger activities including preparation of accounting entries specific to correspondent bank accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, monthly accruals, holding company transactions and oversight over specific general ledger accounts. Responsibilities also include preparation of bank and general ledger reconciliations and analytics.
Apply for the Accountant I Position
- Bachelor's degree in the field of accounting or finances and minimum of one year experience in private or public accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and be familiar with accounting software
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience, communicate effectively in both written and verbal correspondence, work independently with minimal supervision and research complex accounting issues and produce deliverables accurately and on time
- High level of motivation
Assists in loan collection activities.
Apply for the Collections Assistant Position
- A degree in finance, accounting or a related field or two years of comparable level of experience and education
- Understanding of financial institution and procedure
- Knowledge and adherence to lending and collection laws
- Professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Good problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
- Good communication and customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude and approach at all times when dealing with customers, both internal and external
Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Human Resources Generalist
Administers the Bank’s benefit programs. Assists in talent acquisition and recruitment process. Assists in the coordination of the employee performance review program. Assists in developing and maintaining job descriptions and employee handbook policies. Maintains information, documents and other content in HRIS. Completes various reporting requirements. Assists in planning and execution of employee events. Ensures compliance with employment and HR laws and regulations in connection with assigned tasks.
Apply for the Human Resources Generalist Position
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and four to five years of related experience or a comparable level of education and experience
- Knowledge and experience with state (Maryland and Virginia) and federal employment laws and human resources policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Bank’s HRIS
- Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail in composing and proofing documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information as well as poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to react to change productively, multitask and establish priorities to meet deadlines and complete other essential tasks as assigned
- Candidates with HRIS administration experience are preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED Apply online for the positions above by clicking the link provided or submit your resume by mail. If you have questions, contact our Human Resources Manager at email@example.com or 888-745-2265. Please do not submit your resume by email.
You are now leaving the Community Bank of the Chesapeake website. By clicking the 'I Understand' button below, you will enter a different website created, operated and maintained by a private business or organization. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the content, views, or privacy policies of this website. We take no responsibility for any products or services offered by this website, nor do we endorse or sponsor the information it contains. In addition, websites may change location, ownership and address frequently. Community Bank of the Chesapeake is not responsible for the accessibility of this link. Would you like to continue?