Customer Service Specialist
Responsible for providing prompt, efficient, friendly customer service including, but not limited to, cash handling, daily balancing, account opening, account maintenance, processing negotiable items, scanning and batching documents. Follows established bank policies and procedures. Recognizes and identifies referral and cross selling opportunities with customers and non-customers and meets or exceeds established sales and referral goals.
- Banking experience preferred
- Ability to perform all teller and customer services duties
- Ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact and patience
- Candidates must possess very strong customer service, time management and organizational skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- This position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling to accommodate branch needs, often with little or no advance notice
Apply for the Customer Service Specialist Position >
Director of Audit
Responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and administering all aspects of the Bank's audit program and related activities. Manages the regulatory examination process and oversees coordination of the process with executive management.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business management
- At least five years of internal audit experience, preferably in banking
- At least five years of supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to supervise and mentor other officers and staff, set and administer goals and set professional performance objectives for self and staff
- Broad exposure to banking with a solid understanding of associated risks
- Thorough knowledge of audit procedures and IIA standards, accounting, IT, banking operations and banking regulations
- Ability to communicate, motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally
- Strong business acumen in developing and executing audit plans, assessing current/future staffing needs and overseeing resources
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize the most impactful activities
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate issues and be direct and constructive in the delivery of information
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other related industry audit certification strongly preferred.
Apply for the Director of Audit Position >
IT Help Desk Analyst
Responsible for acting as the primary contact for troubleshooting questions and resolving problems dealing with system user difficulties. Monitors the help desk submissions and logs them accordingly. Assists in ensuring adherence to policies and procedures for IT. Evaluates and researches user difficulties and identifies situations requiring referral to appropriate personnel. Is responsible for completing daily duties as assigned. Assists other department members as needed.
Qualified candidates must have an associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or at least 1-2 years’ experience in helpdesk troubleshooting. A thorough knowledge of internet browsers and a basic understanding of networking knowledge and software installation experience are also required. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office software applications. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise professionalism, confidentiality, good judgment and be detail oriented are necessary. Candidates who possess banking experience and Fiserv knowledge are preferred.
Apply for the IT Help Desk Analyst Position >
Undergraduate Summer Program
Community Bank of the Chesapeake's Summer Internship Program enables undergraduate students to explore career opportunities in various areas of our business to determine which ones may best fit their talents and interests. Summer interns at Community Bank will receive on the job training, coaching and feedback from experienced professionals while working alongside them to complete tasks and projects throughout the Summer. The program also provided excellent opportunities for participants to develop or expand their professional networks.
Opportunities may be available in the following business ares: operations, accounting/finances, lending, credit, human resources, marketing, information technology, commercial banking and sales. Successful candidates must be enrolled in a business related bachelor's degree program and possess the following:
Interested candidates should complete an online application and submit their resume with professional references by January 19, 2018.
- Academic strength demonstrated by a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Adaptability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability and professionalism
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel
Resumes and applications will be reviewed and top candidates will be selected for interviews. The application and selection process is expected to be completed by the end of January and the Summer Program will begin in May 2018.
Successful candidates will be assigned to work in one or more business areas during the Summer Program. Summer opportunities in these areas are determined by business needs. Position location is tied to the business area.
Apply for the Undergraduate Summer Program Position >