What does Community Bank of the Chesapeake (Community Bank) do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depends on the product or service you have with us. This information can include
- Social Security Number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Community Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons We Can Share Your
|Does Community Bank share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes –
Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes –
To offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – Information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – Information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
To Limit Our Sharing
Call 888-745-2265 ext. 1091
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Call 888-745-2265 ext. 1091
Who We Are
Who is providing this notice?
What We Do
How does Community Bank protect my personal information?
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information.
How does Community Bank collect my personal information?
- We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
- Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non affiliates to market to you
- State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. [See below for more rights under state law]
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
- Your choices will apply to everyone on your account – unless you tell us otherwise.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Community Bank of the Chesapeake does not share with affiliates.
- Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies.
- Community Bank of the Chesapeake does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- A formal agreement between nonaffiliated finance companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partner(s) include Investment and Credit Card Companies.
Other important information
For Alaska, Illinois, Maryland and North Dakota Customers.
We will not share personal information with nonaffiliates – either for them to market to you or for joint marketing – without your authorization.
For California Customers.
We will not share personal information with nonaffiliates – either for them to market to you or for joint marketing – without your authorization. We will also limit our sharing of personal information about you with our affiliates to comply with all California privacy laws that apply to us.
For Massachusetts, Mississippi and New Jersey Customers.
We will not share personal information from deposit or share relationships with nonaffiliates – either for them to market to you or for joint marketing – without your authorization.
For Vermont Customers.
We will not share personal information with nonaffiliates, either for them to market to you or for joint marketing without your authorization, and we will not share personal information with affiliates about your creditworthiness without your authorization.