New Account Conversion Checklist
To ensure a smooth transition, please print this page and check the boxes next to the items as you complete them.
- Open your new Community Bank account at any of our branches. Order your checks, deposit slips (if necessary) and Checkcard or ATM card.
- Set up your account for telephone banking and Internet banking access.
- Make sure all checks have cleared your old checking account.
- Make sure enough funds are available in your old account to cover any automatic payments that may still need to be withdrawn.
- Send written notice to your direct deposit vendors (payroll, Social Security*, CD interest payments, etc.) of the changes in your relationship. (Use the Payroll/Direct Deposit Authorization Form we have provided.)
*For Social Security direct deposits, changes may be made by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
- Send written notice to your vendors who automatically take your payments from your checking account (utilities, insurance companies, Internet service providers, banks, etc.) that you are closing the account. (Use the Automatic Payment/Deposit Switch Form we have provided.)
- Send notification of new account information to vendors who you want to continue to generate automatic withdrawals instead of paying with Bill Pay, or use this notification to start a new automatic payment with a vendor. (Use the Automatic Payment/Deposit Switch Form we have provided.)
- Send written notice to the financial institution that you are closing the account. (Use the Account Closing Form we have provided.)
Please call 1-888-745-2265 if you have any questions regarding your switch to Community Bank of the Chesapeake.